That's What You Get For Being Polite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation

Go down 
+2
Michelle
jaywonder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaywonder

jaywonder

Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation Empty
PostSubject: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 am

While every period has cool things about them, 1985-1992, ESPECIALLY 1985-1989 is my favorite

Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation Dvrhty
(The estate's official logo for Bad 25)

A great album
great videos
two very cool films
awesome tour
great fashion
and one of Michael's most creative periods

Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation 9u92xu

1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am

Cool

I wonder what the estate has planned for releases!
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:16 am

I really, really, really, really hope they release a concert DVD! Come on, how long has this been rumoured and supposedly coming?!

Just do it, already!
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm

So is the concert DVD really going ahead? I hear there's been some preview footage and it's not any better than the stuff on youtube....I thought Wembley at least was filmed professionally?! Where did the stuff that's in Moonwalker come from? Like MiTM in HQ!
Back to top Go down
https://forbeingpolite.forumotion.com
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 am

Anybody get your BAD25 boxset yet? I just finished watching the concert DVD. Cool

The guy was TOO good...
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 am

I have to wait until Friday since it doesn't get released in NZ til then! Mad

I ordered it from an online company who said it would be delivered on Friday so I better get home from work to find it RIGHT there!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I hope it's right there waiting for you! I'm like a tracking-hawk on anything I purchase. LOL. I have to know where my stuff is.

I haven't been able to stop watching the DVD since it got here.
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:20 am

Hey Gemma, did you get your BAD25 yet?? I know you must be super psyched about it!

Anymore reactions to BAD25 as a whole? I must say that I'm loving the DVD the most. I also really like Al Capone the most out of the new releases/demos.

And this Spike Lee docu is sounding better and better the more I hear about it...
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Got mine a few days ago! Watched the DVD last night....boy oh boy. That thing destroyed me emotionally LOL!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 am

joanwas_quizzical wrote:
Got mine a few days ago! Watched the DVD last night....boy oh boy. That thing destroyed me emotionally LOL!

That concert. Really. I totally understand. And I ain't gonna lie, it made me appreciate that era so much more. I'm still a diehard early eras fan, but I totally admire BAD in a whole new light. What struck me the most about it was viewing how truly genius the guy was at what he did. I mean, I knew if before, of course. But how do you watch that DVD and not fall in awe of just...him? Haha. He looks soo handsome (and I don't know if you guys thought about it while watching, but me and my Ma couldn't get over the very visible stages of his vitiligo and skin condition. Not in a bad way, just in a "it's SO there and visible" way. I think it made me even more amazed, and quite proud, that he championed through it all the best way he could.) Not to mention the fact that 99% of the concert was sung live - and he sounds INCREDIBLE. I really enjoyed the set-list. I, for one, actually L-O-V-E that it's not a professional shoot of the concert. I don't know, it made it feel more authentic, live, and raw. Not a bazillion crowd shots like on the Bucharest DVD.

And, I'll say again, he looks SO GOOD! Hahaha! Honestly, he's a doll.

I got a bit emotional about it all too. It suuuucks when you watch all that greatness and then realize that he's simply not here anymore. I can't describe the feeling, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about anyways.

In all, it made me appreciate him even more as an artist and man. I've turned into even more of a fanatic...if that's even possible. tongue (Actually, my bank account can attest to this fact. I told Rhea that I would hide my credit card after being up a 3 o'clock in the morning and purchasing the BAD25 picture vinyl on a whim. Neutral )

So, how about those demos?

(P.S. How have you all been doing?! I've been incredibly busy as of late. But I hope all of you are well. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 am

I know exactly how you feel Dana! I find myself looking at the BAD era in a whole new light, and actually starting to understand why some fans go completely gaga over him. He just looked so beautiful during the concert; even when out of breath and covered in sweat. I have to admit, he was gorgeous during this time. The vitiligo is sad to see, but like you said it makes it even more bittersweet to see how he was trying to deal with it.

The live vocals....holy moly. That man did NOT miss a single note, there was nothing off at any point! How did he do that?! Just incredible. And also, I loved how he tied his hair back for Thriller; I swear I got mind-fucked at that part, because it was Victory-era hair but he was BAD-era Michael and....my brain just couldn't work it out haha!

Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am

joanwas_quizzical wrote:

And also, I loved how he tied his hair back for Thriller; I swear I got mind-fucked at that part, because it was Victory-era hair but he was BAD-era Michael and....my brain just couldn't work it out haha!

THIS! Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
jaywonder

jaywonder

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 am

I got my copy on the 19th or 20th. I didn't even listen or watch it first. I spent an hour just looking at it LOL

This is THE BEST release the Estate has come up with. I can almost forgive them for "Michael", it's that good.

The demos are incredible. Hearing "I'm So Blue", and the others makes me conclude that Bad outtakes are better than Thriller outtakes.

The DVD....what else can be said? It's amazing. From the beginning with the strobe lights to the ending of Man In The Mirror, it's great. It's not filled with several costume changes, special effects like Dangerous or HIStory. I think many stars of today need to watch this DVD and learn from it. There were only 5 dancers and they were only part of certain songs and they were what they were: BACKUP DANCERS lol

For the most part, it's Michael Jackson on stage on front of 72,000 people and all eyes are on him. It's not "Oh wow, MJ was cool and the dancers were good also". NO.

His stage prescense was so dominant.... Look at Another Part Of Me, Rock With You, She's Out Of My Life, Human Nature, Bad, and Billie Jean. It's Michael on this huge stage in front of all these people, and all attention is on him. A lot of stars are capable of that. I'd reccomend this DVD 100x over Live In Bucharest

The only problems I have with the boxset...

-The didn't use the original album mixes for disc 1, instead using the versions that were used on later pressings

-The remixes on disc 2
Back to top Go down
mjj4everinourhearts

mjj4everinourhearts

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 am

As usual I am late to reply..

LOVE BAD25!!!!! the dvd..the demos's all just so...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey did any of you see the Spike Lee Documentary.. I got to see it in the city last weekend it was phenomenal...

Just watching his genius....was just so awesome...

How everyone loved and misses him so..I don't think there was a dry eye in the house or screen when they talked about that dreadful day we lost Michael....anyone who worked with him lost their composure...

I so can't wait until February to own my own copy of it!
Back to top Go down
electriceyes

electriceyes

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 am

^^ I regret the fact I didn't get to see it here in NY! But from the edited version I did catch, It was just amazing to see. I can't wait to own it in Feb!

But overall Bad25 made me just a happy fan, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation   Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad 25th Anniversary/Appreciation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
That's What You Get For Being Polite :: Michael :: Later Eras-
Jump to: