That's What You Get For Being Polite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fans Vs. Fam

Go down 
+6
omertas
mjj4everinourhearts
hprox
Katie
joanwas_quizzical
Michelle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Michelle

Michelle

Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 am

^
I know! Me too! And seeing all this talk about how the "evil" family have "kidnapped" Katherine, holding her hostage, I suppose, in order to figure out a way to get "the money".... Shocked This is the kind of stuff that makes me believe that some fans have truly entangled their entire lives into Michael Jackson. Like, seriously? I cringe every time I read those "Oh, Michael. Thank God you're in peace now! Away from this mess. You poor, poor soul" posts. Just...no.

All I'm really caring about at the moment is whether Mrs. Jackson is okay, especially health-wise. And secondly, that she is in contact with her family, including the kids. Otherwise, all this talk of conspiracy and money is BS and unfounded. I do wonder how this connects with that other doctor, or whoever. But still, people are talking about hoping family members be brought up on charges. Suspect WTH?

Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 am

Agreed guys! I've been following the thread on MJJC about the whole debacle, and every time someone comes in and calmly says something along the lines of, "this is mostly unfounded, don't blame the Jacksons" they get this kind of reply:

"It is quite obvious you support the "family" and everything on here will seem "utterly ridiculous" to you
I don't know why you bother to try and defend or justify these people, they have disappointed me to the point of NO RETURN."

(Direct quote, yup I don't give a shit about being sued right now LMAO.)

I mean that's just fucking hypocritical. How do these people actually seriously call themselves fans? I've seen people suggest that Jermaine and Randy are behind TMZ and are planting stories about the kids not being biologically Michael's and then a whole slew of people "thanking" the post.

SERIOUSLY.

SERIOUSLY.
Back to top Go down
https://forbeingpolite.forumotion.com
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:19 am

^^

I know, I'm actually embarrassed. This is what makes me cringe about the fandom. The behaviour is extreme and no one ever seems to be able to look at things objectively. It's always "Oh, these people wanted Michael's money/fame..Michael hated them for a reason...blah blah blah..."

I just don't see how "kidnapping" Katherine would get them money. Call me stupid, but I honestly don't think there's a way. I think fans like to think that this is the case because it's easy to believe. That their precious Michael was constantly being dogged and his family were after his money. Yawn. I've heard it all before. It's so old, it's not even funny.

Honestly, I'm just so sick of all the hate for the family. And I have to say, that Michael would be disgusted if he saw how some of the fans are behaving.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 am

Agreed, Gemma. This shit has just been taken WAY too far. I'm even seeing fans on MJJE starting to catch the MJJC crazy bug, and it's really frustrating to see. Wasn't it Michael himself that preached that (jesus I'm making him sound like a God here or something LOL) we shouldn't believe everything that's written, and that we don't always know the full story? Yet some fans seem more than okay with doing exactly that when the Jacksons are concerned.

Edit: Here's some more patronizing shit from MJJC in reply to someone who said that we shouldn't believe everything in the media and etc:

"Sometimes it's hard for people to believe how low the Jackson's would go to get their hands on Michael's money. Let Stella continue to defend them. If that letter that was leaked this week does not open her eyes to how greedy these folks are, then nothing will."
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 am

^^

I think it's just easy for people to believe that Michael was constantly the victim. That he was some poor innocent creature who was constantly getting dumped on. And by his family no less?

*OH NO, EVERYONE HATES HIM...DON'T WORRY MICHAEL, I'LL BE HERE TO DEFEND YOU...**

It's gotten so ridiculous and fans need to pull back from certain situations. We don't need the theories that Michael was involved in some conspiracy where Jermaine wanted him dead...

Honestly....
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 am

Yes! And exactly, Gemma! How does "kidnapping" your own mother result in you getting money? Suspect

We don't know anything. The only thing we do know is that there was/is major miscommunication going on in the family. For things to suddenly spill over to Twitter for the public to see means that the family aren't exactly on one page here. I hope they sort that out. I really do. It's causing a confusion and I really just hope Katherine is okay, whatever the circumstances may be. She's 82 years old and should be surrounded by peace. Not chaos, especially of this kind.

Also, has anyone ever stopped to think that perhaps (just a maybe) Paris shouldn't be using twitter over this matter? I can understand if she's very concerned for her grandmother. That's totally fine! But it just seems like the wrong outlet for a 14 year old girl to be using at a time like this?

I think people just hate the family. Period. And they've taken things to the extreme. They're blinded by their utter devotion to Michael (which necessarily isn't all his fault either).

Btw, Rhea - that one post you put on tumblr, about the family "never thinking PPB were his biological children so they want to get the money"... Shocked This is so messed up on so many levels. It even borders on racial terms. What's wrong with these people?

Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 am

Michelle wrote:
Also, has anyone ever stopped to think that perhaps (just a maybe) Paris shouldn't be using twitter over this matter? I can understand if she's very concerned for her grandmother. That's totally fine! But it just seems like the wrong outlet for a 14 year old girl to be using at a time like this?

I was thinking about this too, actually. We found out about this matter to begin with through her tweets. I understand that Twitter is a common tool in this day and age, and if she wants to have one, fine, as long as it's okay with Katherine...But this kind of family stuff shouldn't be aired on the internet. I think a lot of it is because she's young and she doesn't know better but this is the kind of thing that Michael hated. I'm not trying to act all self-richeous in terms of what he would have wanted but, I think she needs to learn what to say and what NOT to say....
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 am

^ It's obvious to me that Paris is being treated as a child in the situation and has been kept out of the loop, so for her twitter seems to be the last resort to getting the information she deserves to hear. Paris strikes me as a mature young girl, and I personally don't think she's abusing twitter for no good reason. I think she's just trying to understand what's going on. The public factor in that actually works in her favour, because it seems like Jermaine and others are at least taking notice.

I don't know, I don't want to sit here and judge Paris for what she does or doesn't do. I was all over the internet in terms of social media when I was 14.
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 am

joanwas_quizzical wrote:
I don't know, I don't want to sit here and judge Paris for what she does or doesn't do. I was all over the internet in terms of social media when I was 14.

Most kids her age are, but unfortunately, she has the added bonus (if that's what it could be called) of being a Jackson. Not only a Jackson, but she is the daughter of one of the most famous people in the world, who, unfortunately, is no longer here. There needs to be caution exercised in her using Twitter because a lot of this may not have had to have gotten so blown out of proportion because of her tweeting about it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:10 am

That's true Gemma, but still....I feel like it's a good thing that she's tweeting about this. I feel like a lot of shady stuff is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, and maybe this will bring it to the surface and things will get fixed for them. I'm not talking about the family, more so this doctor and the people working for the Estate.
Back to top Go down
raspberryberet

raspberryberet

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 am

Okay, I have to say, I agree with Gemma to a point RE: Paris and twitter. Paris' tweets are certainly well-intentioned and this is not to say that she should feel obligated to seal her lips when it comes to grievances with her family, but I personally think that if she hadn't tweeted "please call this number if anyone sees her", fans wouldn't be freaking out AS MUCH as they are. I keep seeing posts on tumblr that are reminiscent of those missing child posts, only they're photos of Katherine with Paris' tweet below and it really adds to this sense of paranoia and extreme urgency that I feel like is really hyperbolic and unnecessary right now.

So I guess what I'm saying is I do wish Paris would treat this a bit more delicately/be careful about the way she says things relating to this...but then again she's only 14 and I can't really fault her for being worried, and twitter makes it so easy to just blurt out what's on one's mind. And just being Michael's daughter shouldn't obligate her to this position of Jackson Family Ambassador~. But still...

This whole thing is bizarre...so many questions. I keep thinking to myself, why doesn't Katherine just make a phone call to Paris or whoever saying "I'm fine, I'm in AZ", or whatever is going on? But then I think if she's really receiving medical treatment and is not well, it makes sense that her priority would be getting well and not quelling rumors that fans are helping to propagate.
The anti-Jacksons (yeah I said it!) fans are going fucking BANANAS with this shit, it's....icky. You'd think we'd have learned by now not to jump to conclusions based on what we read.
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 am

^^ Well said!

I can't fault Paris for being worried and she is probably grasping at straws right now, which is sad. But her very public concerns are opening up a whole can of worms in terms of how extreme everyone is blowing this out of proportion.

And I have to wonder too, why doesn't Katherine call and say that she's in Arizona, or receiving medical treatment or whatever it is. It seems strange that she doesn't seem to be making an effort to contact them in any way, even if she isn't aware of the hooplah that is going on, you'd think that she's still want to touch base with her grandchildren, especially because she is their guardian.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 am

Btw Gemma I'm thanking pretty much everything you say in that thread on MJJE haha! Thanks for being the voice of reason!

On Paris, I don't know. I feel so detached from everything that I just don't even have an opinion on it. Is that weird?
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:51 am

Yeah. I agree with all of you. I can understand a 14 year old panicking about all this, so I'm not faulting Paris. I actually think she's acting like a normal teenager would. I just think that there should be a level of caution with these things, either way. I remember a family member of mine freaking out over facebook over something that was going on with one of my Aunt's. Not that it wasn't well-intentioned, but it caused a domino effect of freak-outs. I just hope they get in touch with her. If they can all establish that she's okay, then all this other stuff may get sorted out.

Still, the crazy hater fans have taken it to a whole other level. They are insane.

(Ah, so many things going on at the moment. Geesh! There was a house fire, like 4 houses over from my mine. Thankfully, the family got out in time!)
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 am

Quote :
If Katherine comes back with a letter giving up the children to Rebbie, we know what happened. Who ever has the children will live very well.

This kind of stuff...

I'm so done with some of these fans. Mad
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:52 am

I don't understand why they go after rebbie of all people in the family. I mean she was the one who got married and had her own life first, who's been stable for many years and has had a steady source of income from both her albums and her husband since the 80s! Where on earth do they get this notion that she needs money? Money for what? Her children are grown up! I bet it's all because apparently she called Michael a drug addict, which to me sounds like fans twisting her words as usual. I don't remember any incident of her saying something like that against Michael...if it was that intervention comment then fans need to realize that Michael DID have a dependency problem back then.

Sorry for that ramble...just typing from my phone in frustration as usual haha
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 am

Quote :
I ttuly am VERY WORRIED that Katherine's children are trying to get her incapcitated in order to be the guardians of PPB, so that they can control the money that is coming in from the estate. The "clues" are in that letter. The big question is why is Katherine not being ALLOWED to talk to her grandchildren, IF she is fine has Jermaine has stated. I truly hope that Katherine is not being drugged in order to comply with this devious scheme.

Shocked

Just... Shocked
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:08 am

No words.

Edit: I forgot to tell you guys, I made this tumblr to kind of uh...."showcase" things like the above. It's reflectionsonthejacksons.tumblr.com

Feel free to supply me with more quotes haha!
Back to top Go down
wonderfulworld

wonderfulworld

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 am

this whole thing is a mess...
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:00 am

I know. It is a mess. And the fans have made it even messier. They're pretty much attacking Jermaine on his twitter page.

I don't know what's going on with Katherine, but it seems as if there will need to be some sort of statement on her behalf to quell all this noise down. I just pray she's doing okay and this will be resolved in the next day or so.

As for the fans, whatever. I've come to accept that 'sense' is heavily lacking.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:51 am

Btw guys, I know Omertas doesn't have a mic yet (she's getting one soon!), but I am still totally down to skype on voice (not video) and have like a giant rant session so we can get things out in the open and feel better, haha! I think it would be good to talk about this stuff via voice and get some confirmation on our feelings and stuff. And I can be online when you guys in America are because I mostly don't start work or classes until the afternoon!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:17 am

Sounds fun! I'm up for it. I'll work on getting a mic this week!

Meanwhile, I've seen where it's been reported that Katherine has gotten in touch with authorities and that she is fine. I believe they are even confused as to why she was reported missing to begin with.

Strange day indeed. I hope everything works out from here on out.

Meanwhile, in looney-ville:
Quote :
She should've been in contact with them from second one, especially considering 5 of their aunts and uncles want to steal their rightful inheritance. Michael would've definuitely be reading her the riot act if he was alive. Can I get an AMEN!

And with that, goodnight girls! I look forward to talking with ya soon!
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:19 am

I think this gif is appropriate right now:

Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 Tumblr_m7jxtylLyS1qbjwbn
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 am

Wow, I would totally be down to skype! I'm going to be away for a few days (Thurs - Sun morning)...So if I can't make it, and it goes well, I'll definitely be up for it at some point!

Hang on -- I've gotten so confused with this Katherine stuff, so WHO actually reported her missing? Was it Paris? Or one of the other grandchildren?
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 am

^ Not even sure when we're gonna do it yet, but we'll wait until you get back Gemma 'cause it wouldn't be complete without you!!

I think Trent must've reported her missing on behalf of Paris? Or something like that? Either way....I've been thinking about what you guys said in this thread today, and I think you're right on Paris. Her tweets sort of made this situation blow up way bigger than it should have, and now that we know that Katherine is safe it kind of makes it all look ridiculous. You know when you're 14, everything seems like a big deal and you wear your emotions on your sleeve, so of course you're going to go on twitter - where a lot of people take notice of you - and say things like that. I'm not trying to criticize her, I can just see why she did it and what her thought pattern probably was. That said, it's really concerning that Paris hasn't spoken to Katherine in a WEEK and they're not letting her talk to her. I mean, what on earth is going on?! Katherine is her grandmother and her guardian!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans Vs. Fam   Fans Vs. Fam - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans Vs. Fam
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
That's What You Get For Being Polite :: Michael :: The Jackson Family-
Jump to: