That's What You Get For Being Polite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please read!

Go down 
+2
Katie
joanwas_quizzical
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Please read!   Please read! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:30 pm

So hey guys!

I'm not sure what to do with the chapters. Would you prefer a separate topic for each chapter so we can go back through and post the comments from the old thread, or will that get too confusing?

Thoughts!!
Back to top Go down
https://forbeingpolite.forumotion.com
Katie

Katie

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 pm

joanwas_quizzical wrote:
So hey guys!

I'm not sure what to do with the chapters. Would you prefer a separate topic for each chapter so we can go back through and post the comments from the old thread, or will that get too confusing?

Thoughts!!

Hmmm, if every chapter were a separate topic it would require a lot of "on-topicness" to find specific posts.
I know at least one person who'd have huge difficulties to be always on topic *blushes*

Is it possible to quote from one thread in another thread's post?
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Oh true....good point! I'm not entirely sure, I mean you could just go into the thread and copy the part you wanted to quote, and then stick it in the quote tags? I have no idea how we're gonna manage all this LOL!
Back to top Go down
mjj4everinourhearts

mjj4everinourhearts

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Your forum   Please read! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Rhea!
Congrats on your "new" forum. I like what I see!!! Love the video, Mike was just tooo cute when he was young! I do hope you will be posting your story as well as your art!

mjj4everinourhearts aka Nancy bounce
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks so much dude!!

I've read over a few of your answers to my problem and I'm stiiilllll not sure, and I want to get this done soonish because I'm moving this weekend and I'm not entirely sure when I'll be getting the internet back (it should be within a week though!).

Separate topics for each chapter? Or just lump all the chapters into one topic? I mean we have heaps of room here, so we can spread out as much as we want!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 am

(I agree with Nancy, you should SO post your art here too!) Smile

So, are you still considering posting all the old chapters in one post? And then posting the new chapters in several posts?

Here's the thing with the comments: Katie has over 77 pages worth of old comments. LOL. Much of what I have matches what she has. I have pages and pages also. If you were to post the old chapters in separate chapter posts, I could go in and add specific comments to that chapter - which is sweet. The thing is, this may take a while. Sort of a work in progress type thing. But this WOULD be more coherent than just throwing all of our comments in one big thread without any context.

I, then, suggest posting the new chapters you write in a new (second) thread (without separate chapter posts), so that we may continue the discussions like we did over at the other board. Is this easier?

Idk, girls. What do you think? Like Rhea said, there's plenty of room to go around.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 am

I keep looking for the thank button to thank all these posts LOL!

See that's what I imagined doing, putting all the comments back so we could use it as a resource. I'd be more than happy to do that, Katie's sent me all her emails so I've got them here too. Or if you guys wanna post them underneath your individual names, that could work too!

I guess I could make one post that's an "archive" and just link to the individual chapters in there? So if people don't want to go through one giant thread (for all the new updates) they can just click the links in the other thread....if that makes any sense LOL! Like how I had the thread set up on COMJ, the first post had links to all the chapters.

Also Dana, you should totally post your short story in the other section!!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:12 am

That makes perfect sense! I say go for it (linking the chapters).

Oh great! Katie sent you the comments too! I was looking through mine and they are really all pretty much the same. Some of mine date all the way back to chapter 6!

My story? Sure! I'll post it here. I hope others post their stories as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:23 am

One chapter - one topic that is?

Rhea, if you (we, if you want us to help with it) add the old comments to each chapter how do you think it should be done (concerning the usernames for example)? I don't think we should repost comments on another board without the original commentators' knowledge?

Dana, didn't I hear you murmur something about a new story too, no? And Rhea, what about "Hot Pina Colada"?
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:34 am

Quote :
That makes perfect sense! I say go for it (linking the chapters).

Oh great! Katie sent you the comments too! I was looking through mine and they are really all pretty much the same. Some of mine date all the way back to chapter 6!

My story? Sure! I'll post it here. I hope others post their stories as well!

Katie wrote:
One chapter - one topic that is?

Rhea, if you (we, if you want us to help with it) add the old comments to each chapter how do you think it should be done (concerning the usernames for example)? I don't think we should repost comments on another board without the original commentators' knowledge?

Dana, didn't I hear you murmur something about a new story too, no? And Rhea, what about "Hot Pina Colada"?

Aaaaaaaah now I'm confused again haha! I want to do what's going to be the easiest as far as going back and reading chapters and all that goes, and like I said we have plenty of room so we can spread out as much as we want.

So I think one chapter per topic would be easiest? And then I'll create a master topic that has links to all the other chapters, so you can easily find them instead of scrolling through all the topics. And that way we can post the old comments too?

As far as reposting the comments from members who haven't joined here yet, maybe we should wait a few days and see if anybody else shows up, and if they don't we just won't post those?

Pina Colada.....hahahaha! Okay okay, I'll post that one up! Only if Dana puts hers up!!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 am

One topic, per chapter. That sounds alright to me. And that'll give us the chance to post our comments to each chapter. I agree with you both, perhaps we shouldn't post someone elses comments onto the board without consent. We can just post our comments under our own username.

LOL! I did mention on the other board that I was considering writing another one-shot. I don't have anything down yet, just a few ideas swirling about in my head. OOOH, Pina Colada. Yes, please! And the "Boat" one too! Lol! I'll go ahead and post my little one-shot in the other section shortly.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 am

Michelle wrote:
One topic, per chapter. That sounds alright to me. And that'll give us the chance to post our comments to each chapter. I agree with you both, perhaps we shouldn't post someone elses comments onto the board without consent. We can just post our comments under our own username.

LOL! I did mention on the other board that I was considering writing another one-shot. I don't have anything down yet, just a few ideas swirling about in my head. OOOH, Pina Colada. Yes, please! And the "Boat" one too! Lol! I'll go ahead and post my little one-shot in the other section shortly.

Sounds like a plan! I think I'll lump the first three chapters together though because really, not much happens in them and things don't really kick off until chapter four. Sound cool dudes? Very Happy

Yessssssssssssssss Dana I am SO looking forward to what you're gonna come up with!! And anybody else, I know you're all amazing writers just hiding away there haha! Gemma is an amazing writer too, I don't know if she's checked her emails yet though.
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 am

Yeah, where is Gemma?? I'd love to see her writing!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 am

Should I pm those who commented on your thread directly? What's Gemma's username?
I posted the thread where to find you under Writers and Writing which was probably not so clever attempting to get many views..

I can't re-post my old comments on the chapters, because I don't have them... No (Michelle?)

I read ch. 1-3 again (or flipped through it), and I'm going to comment on them in the afternoon!
It's funny to read them again knowing what's going to happen next...
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 am

Katie wrote:
Should I pm those who commented on your thread directly? What's Gemma's username?
I posted the thread where to find you under Writers and Writing which was probably not so clever attempting to get many views..

Gosh I can't even remember some people's usernames....I think there's Jruby, LisaMJ, Sandralin, mickey.mouse, Emmasign.....argh LOL!

Gemma's username is HProx but I think she'll be joining up tonight!

Quote :
I can't re-post my old comments on the chapters, because I don't have them... No (Michelle?)

I read ch. 1-3 again (or flipped through it), and I'm going to comment on them in the afternoon!
It's funny to read them again knowing what's going to happen next...

I think between you, Michelle and Gemma we must have all the most recent comments!

And dude....awww, you don't have to if you don't want to! But I really appreciate it!!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:22 am

Hahahaha! What do you mean "if I don't want to"???? *shakes head in disbelief*

It will take a while though...
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 am

Katie wrote:
Hahahaha! What do you mean "if I don't want to"???? *shakes head in disbelief*

It will take a while though...

You are way too kind to me.... !
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 am

Katie, I do have some of your posts! I just realized that we would have each other's posts, but not our own. Aiye!

So let's see...should I send them to you and then you repost them? I may have to do that tomorrow though. It's 1:30 am here and I need to go to bed! Haha!
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 am

Just wanna say real quick, I'm getting a kick out of seeing different eras of Michael reply to each other LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 am

We'll figure something out tomorrow.

Sleep well!!!
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 am

Btw guys, I've put some avatars/icons in the default gallery so if you don't want to upload your own there's plenty to choose from!
Back to top Go down
hprox

hprox

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Whoa, I am totally late which I apologise for. I got your email late last night Rhea and then I had to rush out to work earlier today and just got home now (being 1am!)

But, yeah, I know I'm probably too late to add to this discussion so I'm just down for anything.

EDIT: When you guys say you have your comments on email...Did you save them to your computer? Or Rhea -- did you manage to get a hold of your thread from COMJ? Because I dont have any of mine saved to my computer! Wahhh. So if someone has mine, I'd be happy to respost them if that's what we're doing.
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:14 pm

hprox wrote:
Whoa, I am totally late which I apologise for. I got your email late last night Rhea and then I had to rush out to work earlier today and just got home now (being 1am!)

But, yeah, I know I'm probably too late to add to this discussion so I'm just down for anything.

EDIT: When you guys say you have your comments on email...Did you save them to your computer? Or Rhea -- did you manage to get a hold of your thread from COMJ? Because I dont have any of mine saved to my computer! Wahhh. So if someone has mine, I'd be happy to respost them if that's what we're doing.

Gemma! We were wondering where you were dude hahaha! So good to see you! *hugs*

I've only gotten one-line replies from Deja and she seems to think that my thread is just not "viewable", even though half of my other threads still are. I seriously doubt I'll get it back. Sad I don't have any comments saved, but the girls have them via email!
Back to top Go down
joanwas_quizzical
Admin
joanwas_quizzical

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 am

You guys I just remembered we have comments from the KOP board as well!
Back to top Go down
omertas

omertas

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:36 am

Ha ha, I only had two comments I think as I came into the story a little late. If someone had them feel free to post because I sure don't have them. I never think of keeping things like that. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.omertas.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read!   Please read! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please read!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next